Traditional values in a thoroughly modern city
Opened in 1925 as a refuge for passengers from the Orient Express, the über-stylish Esplanade Zagreb Hotel is an architectural gem. Located within easy reach of key attractions such as the Cathedral and the Art Pavilion, the city’s most iconic hotel, reopened in 2004 after a complete renovation, combines art deco glamour with every contemporary convenience. Long-established as a haven for A-List movie stars, politicians, singers and artists, the hotel’s fairytale exterior and gracious guest accommodation make it easily the most prestigious hotel in Zagreb. Its famous Oleander terrace was once described as “where the Balkans ends and where civilization begins”.
The Esplanade Zagreb Hotel continues to follow its glorious tradition by caring for the high standards of personal service which are highly appreciated by the guests who like the discrete and elegant services of its staff. With the spread of the tourist industry, The Esplanade Zagreb chooses high individual standards of service focusing on each guest’s personality. Its employees’ philosophy says that it is not merely a hotel, but a temple of comfort and gastronomy.
Besides being a hotel caring for tradition, the Esplanade Zagreb keeps pace with the present time. The harmony of the old times is not disturbed by modern devices.
- Built in 1925 for passengers of the famous Orient Express
- The most gracious building in Zagreb – considered to be the national heritage
- Old charm and up-to-date facilities
- Top Chef and one of the best Restaurants in Croatia
- Serving the best Strukli (local delicacy) in town
- For many years home to many world famous celebrities
- Received many recognitions and awards for impeccable service, design and food
- 208 spacious and beautifully furnished rooms which capture the history of the building while seamlessly blending in contemporary touches
- All rooms have free-to-use hard-wired and wireless super fast Internet access, in-room entertainment systems, personal bars and spacious and elegant marble bathrooms with heated floors and mirrors
Widely regarded as Croatia’s best restaurant, this fine dining restaurant where Ana Grgic, Chef, promises a culinary journey with a contemporary take on traditional Croatian cuisine.
Famous for its celebration of seasonal local produces and traditional favourites, Le Bistro blends Croatian cuisine with Parisian traditions.
Esplanade 1925 Lounge & Cocktail Bar
An über stylish art deco lounge and cocktail bar run by Croatia’s number 1 mixologist.
The very essence of high society, a popular dining place with a champagne bar and stunning views.
AMENITIES AND SERVICES
- Two signature restaurants with terraces
- Popular Bar & Lounge area
- Health Club with fitness area, Spa therapies, facial and body treatments
- Beauty salon
- Outstanding conference facilities with spectacular ballroom
- Business center with Historic Boardroom
- Free wireless superfast Internet access in all hotel areas and terraces
- Turn-down service with domestic products
- L’Occitane luxury cosmetics
- Free overnight shoeshine service
- Luxury bath menu
- 24-hour room, laundry and concierge service
- ATM on sight
- Valet parking and limousine service
- “VIP Dog” programme
- Twelve versatile venues that can adapt to accommodate groups from an intimate gathering to a grand gala event
- The elegant Emerald Ballroom, with its domed soaring roof, makes it a stylish venue for large banquets of up to 365 people
- All meeting rooms offer natural daylight, state-of-the-art amenities, extensive audio-visual facilities, secretarial services and on hand technicians
- Hotel offers one of the finest outside catering services in town
Hotel Esplanade in the Zagreb city
The symbol of service and elegance