Published: February 2023
Director of Food & Beverage
The Director of Food & Beverage reports to the General Manager and works hand in hand with the Executive Chef. You are a highly skilled professional manager who oversees the service operations of the entire hotel. You are responsible for the service delivery and execution of SOPs during all F&B transactions.
To invite guests into the living, breathing experience of travel, to celebrate the sensorial details and authentic human stories and cultural connections.
Sensory Hospitality, a world where our hotel serves as a way to truly feel connected to the soul of the city you wish to discover. A place where travelers can indulge in their senses, lean in to discover, be curious, and feel like part of the city culture.
We believe our interactions with guests are as important as the design of our hotels. In fact, our dedication to genuine, inviting, warm service is what we are most proud of. Our staff is the living, breathing example of the genuine hospitality making each guest feel cared for, among friends, and a part of this inspiring city.
- Lead, inspire and guide the F&B department of the hotel
- Design service system that enhances customers’ experience while keeping up luxury quality of hotel’s F&B services and products
- Maintain comprehensive product knowledge including ingredients, equipment, suppliers, markets, and current trends and make recommendations and decisions for appropriate adjustments if needed
- Submit cost proposal for all F&B items
- Provide feedback regarding the food and beverage quality
- Ensure that all food & beverage preparation is in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Design standardized presentation guidelines for each beverage
- Monitor inventory levels of all beverage related items
- Maintain a comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversee their implementation
- Prepare, implement, control and monitor departmental budget
- Ensure all equipment and company’s assets are well looked after
- Submit monthly inventory and stock takes
- Ensure readiness and compliance of all F&B team members
- Utilize management skills, effective communication and motivation to maximize team members productivity as well as job satisfaction
- Ensure that emergency procedures are enforced to provide for the security and safety of guests and all employees
- Coach F&B management team members to work in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others
- Suggest ideas for improvement including, however not limited to – marketing and promotional content, business development, team member retention, sales incentives
- Hire, train, and manage F&B team members
- Deliver world-class F&B service experience while achieving desired KPIs
- Be the role model to the team and all hotel employees
- Minimum of 5 years-experience as a F&B Manager/Director of Food & Beverage/ Restaurant, GM in a 5-star hotel with diverse outlets including banqueting
- Proven ability to track expenses and manage given budget
- Proven ability to lead and inspire a team
- Strong passion for the art of food creativity
- Hospitality Management Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication in Croatian and English, another language preferred (German)
- Energy and passion to work every day or as per the business demand and be excited about living and working in Zagreb
- Passion for flawless service, tenacity and the highest level of integrity and work ethic
- Deliver bespoke experiences for clients and employees
- Incentive income and bonuses
- Possibility of permanent employment
- Transportation allowance
- Hot meals
- Uniforms provided
- Connected to Culture
Send your resume to Human Resources Department: [email protected]
Esplanade Zagreb Hotel
is synonym for highly personalized service and top business standards. Since its opening, back in 1925, the Esplanade has been a leader of trends and innovations in the hotel industry not only in Zagreb, but in the entire region, all thanks to dedication, commitment and immense love of the employees who have made the Esplanade what it is known for all over the world for almost 100 years. – and that is ‘Hotel with soul and special energy’.
Each of the colleagues is proud to be a part of this impressive historical Zagreb architecture. Every day, we happily create beautiful moments and events for numerous guests that will remain in their memories forever. We actively participate in the promotion of positive interpersonal relations and true values, and contribute to the promotion of the destination and help the community.
Many new colleagues start their business careers in Esplanade every month. Our doors are open to all those who want to go one step further, who strive for excellence, those who are dedicated to their work and for whom the satisfaction of the guest comes first. We highly value is solid experience in very dynamic hotel environment with different profiles of guests.
Our goal is to continue to follow the tradition of providing superior service to all guests while maintaining a pleasant and friendly working environment for all colleagues. We achieve this precisely by taking the approach of finding the best staff for each new position, who combine all the necessary qualities, while imparting the necessary knowledge and skills through numerous educations, consultations and trainings.
Therefore, if you are a cheerful person with a positive spirit, you like open and friendly communication, you have an incredible sense of accommodating and recognizing the needs of others, you strive for perfection in every aspect, you have a strong will to work and progress, realize your potential, become part of our team and create valuable experience.